September is R U OK awareness month and we at Sydney Scorpions believe we can all do more to encourage these important conversations. Why? Because deep down we are all on the same team and need to support each other where we can.
We are challenging all touch affiliates and teams competing in the NSW Touch Vawdon Cup and at the National Youth Championships on the Sunshine Coast to get involved in our R U OK Teammate initiative. Of course any other team is also invited to join regardless of what competition you play in.
To sweeten the deal we’ve got a fantastic prize pack to be won from our friends at Inferno and Touch Football Australia. How to take part? Well it’s easy just follow the steps below!
R U OK TEAMMATE?
01. List your team players names in alphabetical or player shirt number order
02. Publish the list on your team or club Facebook group or by whatever other means you communicate with your team
03. Player 1 needs to have a R U OK conversation with Player 2, then Player 2 with Player 3 and so on until all the list is complete
04. If you have a number of teams you can add the names together to make it more challenging to get through the entire list
05. Refer to the R U OK conversation tip sheet and video below – face to face conversation is the best if possible, otherwise by any other means, but try not to rush it
06. Everyday is R U OK day… aim to have all your teams conversations completed by the end of September
07. Get in contact with Scorps letting us know your club and teams involved by responding to our Facebook post or via firstname.lastname@example.org
08. By participating you will go into the draw to win a fantastic prize pack thanks to Inferno and Touch Football Australia, which will be announced at the end of the month
09. Updates will be provided via Scorps Facebook and via www.scorps.co with more info via https://www.ruok.org.au/
10. And if your players need help at anytime through the process encourage support for them via coaches, managers, parents or guardians