Another successful Sydney Scorpions Gary Croft Junior Gala Day took place on Saturday 20 January 2024 at Nolan and Passmore Reserves, North Manly.
All action and group photos from the event can be found via the photos section of our website.
Many thanks to everyone involved who led to the success of the event including below.
- Manly Warringah Touch Association and their fantastic committee and volunteers for hosting the event
- All affiliate Junior Rep Coordinators, Coaches and Managers
- Emma Williams Physiotherapy from Motus Health & Performance
- Kathryn Johnston Photography
- All referees including those from the National Referee Squad who assisted via the TFA National Referees Program Manager Luke Saldern plus Bill Slade and Caren Friend
- Touch N Tag and other vendors who were on-site at the event
- The date for our 2025 Junior Gala Day will be Saturday 18 January
Sydney Scorpions 2024 Gary Croft Junior Gala Day takes place on Saturday 20 January with Manly Warringah Touch Association hosting the event at Nolan and Passmore Reserves, North Manly.
- The latest Gala Day draw can be found via https://bit.ly/Scorps-GalaDay24
- Field updates in relation to wet weather closures will be made via Scorpions website and social media channels.
- Be sure to read the Key Event Information included within the draw. Should any draw changes need to be made they will be outlined in the Gala Day Draw Changes section.
- There is a field map on the Gala Day draw and also further below.
- The Manly Touch Clubhouse near Nolan Reserve Field 2 will be used for referees with Event Tournament Control located in the Southern Clubhouse.
- Both Manly Touch canteens will be in operation along with a Coffee Van and Tropical Sno Acai Flow selling their famous Açai Bowl – superfood on tap, gluten free, dairy free, 100% vegan friendly or a Tropical Sno – gourmet shaved ice Sno cone. Both canteens are cashless and only accept card transactions.
- Emma Williams Physiotherapy from Motus Health & Performance will be on-hand to provide physiotherapy support.
- Kathryn Johnston Photography will be in attendance taking action and group photos from the event.
- Sydney Scorpions merchandise will be available for purchase including hats, playing singlets, shorts, bike pants, off-field muscle singlets, grip-star socks and more.
- Touch’n’Tag will have their pop-up store selling custom designed touch shorts and bike pants/tights. Made for all ages, girls and boys, and ideal to wear for park competitions, to training or just everyday, you’ll stand out on the field in these fun and colorful designs. Both cash and EFT purchases are accepted. You can check out their full range, all available at the pop-up store via www.touchntag.com.au
- This event will commence our TalentID process for the 2024 junior representative season, with previously published pathway information available via our website.
Please take note of important parking advice for the event.
- Passmore Reserve on Campbell Parade will host all U12 fixtures. There is parking available in and around Passmore Reserve.
- Nolan Reserve will host all other fixtures, with the main car park (entry via Kentwell Road) to fill up quickly.
- With the format of the draw (game on/game off), the Nolan Reserve car park when full will likely be full for the duration of the event.
- Nolan and Passmore Reserves can be accessed via a pedestrian bridge near the Southern Clubhouse which links the two reserves.
- Additional parking is available adjacent to Nolan Reserve on Pittwater Road and surrounding streets.
- Council parking rangers have in the past patrolled the area when events are taking place, so attendees are encouraged to obey parking signs to avoid a fine.