Sydney Scorpions congratulate Northern Eagles permit and Ballina Touch Association on being selected to host the 2017 Junior Regional tournament on 22-23 April, 2017 and we look forward to supporting their local community at this great event. On the Saturday evening 22 April Scorpions is pleased to announce that our annual Junior Regional Dinner will take place at the Ballina RSL Function Centre. Scorpions has secured some accommodation for players and parents with further information below.
In summary our Talent Identification (TID) process where our selectors and coaches will be assessing players will take place as follows:
- Scorpions Junior Gala Day – Sunday 29 January, 2017 at Nolan Reserve, North Manly (all team nominations via your affiliate in bulk to Scorpions)
- Parramatta Eels Twilight Gala Event – Friday 3 February, 2017 at Doyle Ground, North Parramatta
- The NSWTA Junior State Cup 17-19 February, 2017 at Port Macquarie will then be used to finalise all our squads (approx. 24 players per team) for our Scorpions Junior Elite Camp to be held at the Sydney Sports Academy, Narrabeen on 4-5 March 2017. This camp will then be used to select our 14’s & 16’s Junior Regional final teams of 14 players each. Our 18’s teams will not attend this camp, they will be selected from two trials (Friday 24 & Sunday 26 February) and then potentially via train-on squads
- Scorpions final 14’s & 16’s teams will be announced following the camp by 6 March, 2017
- Following the final team announcements players and parents will have one week to request their Junior Regional accommodation requirements via Scorpions
Further in-depth information in regards to our Junior Elite Camp will be provided in coming weeks and is also available here.
Please note that in addition to selecting the 14/16’s teams at our Junior Elite Camp, the skills gained by all players – whether they are selected or not and the atmosphere of participating in an elite camp will give our younger players an experience that will be invaluable. Especially for those players that go onto even greater elite representation such as Australian Youth teams as our camp is being held at the same venue as Touch Football Australia hold their national youth camps. Our new longer selection process will also allow the selectors to follow these players over two full days of training and games, rather than our previous two selection sessions.
From an affiliate position it is imperative that your club teams once selected are forwarded on to our High Performance Unit. This should include coach and manager details and will allow Scorpions to be best prepared, as there are many players to assess and we aim to provide every player an equal opportunity and this includes players in affiliate development teams. We will also ask affiliate coaches for feedback on their players, to assist us with the TID process.
High Performance Manager